Feeling under the weather, a bit down, in pain or have an illness or injury? This is my favourite healing meditation and I hope it helps you too.
Lie down, close your eyes and take a few deep relaxing deep breaths. We can best help our body to heal when we believe that we can. Each of us has the ability to heal at a deep level and this works the best when we relax, let go and give this healing process a chance to work.
As we physically relax and as we move into meditation the mind can concentrate on the focus of the meditation. So as you sink deeper into relaxation choose the area of your body you would like to work on. This can be a specific area of illness or injury or it can be more general, spread throughout the body. This can be for healing or to bring general greater wellness. Ive used this meditation many times myself and it really does help.
A Beautiful Healing Meditation
- Begin now by sinking further into relaxation, allow your body to be deeply relaxed.
- Feel your shoulders, press them down and away from your ears.
- Your jaw becomes lose and now feel your breath going deeper and deeper.
- Move down from your shoulders through your body to your hips.
- Each and every breath is more and more relaxed
- I am now going to count down from 10 to 1 and whilst I do this imagine yourself walking down a set of stairs to a place deep deep inside yourself.
- With every step down your body is more and more relaxed.
- 10,9,8,7, You feel more relaxed now
- 6,5, going much deeper.
- 4,3,2,1 – That’s lovely
You are now deep within your body and mind. It’s time to start working towards healing our bodies at a cellular level. Be aware of how powerful your ability to heal is.
- See in your mind’s eye the parts of your body you have chosen to work on.
- Now use your imagination to see the area where the cells need healing.
- Look at the nerve endings and the tissues which are ill or damaged or suffering.
- Look at them as vividly as you can. See their colour, the damage and their size and shape.
- See the problem in your mind and know you can help the cells to heal.
- Breath into them.
- Now imagine your healing white blood cells moving towards the areas you want to heal.
- These healing white cells are healthy, they are plump and full of energy, of vitality and light. They have wellness, power and strength.
- See them move towards your chosen area.
- Watch the white cells as the heal your body.
- Now every time you breathe in, see the healing air flow from the universe, the energies or your higher power to fill your lungs.
- See your red blood cells now absorb this healing air through your lungs and flow through your arteries to the damaged cells.
- Focus on directing the healing air filled red blood cells to the areas that you want to help.
- Every breath brings in strength and healing to your cells and every exhale releases pain, illness and negativity from the body.
- See the inflamed nerve endings becoming calmer and soothed.
- Notice how your body begins to glow with wellbeing and serenity.
- See your healing cells fueled by light and restoration.
- Eventually, as the healing air continues to flow your entire body is filled with bright healing light.
- Now exhale out any doubts, any fears and any toxic beliefs about this illness.
- Let your doubts exit your body as you exhale.
- For the moment trust in your ability to promote healing where there was once illness and pain.
- Submit fully to the waves of healing that and entering your body every time you breathe in.
- Visualise the highest level of brightness and recovery that your body can handle at this time flowing in.
- Know that the great pharmacy that exists within your body can and will produce the very thing that you most need at this time.
- Along with the healing waves now breath in joy and hope. Breathe out doubts, fear or pain about the condition you are focusing on this meditation.
- Let it go, let it go, let it go.
- Focus now with emotion and faith on your wonderful body and its miraculous ability to heal and repair itself.
- Express gratitude towards the universe, energies or your higher power.
- Allow the energy of peace and wellness to surround you completely and choose now to take this light and healing with you for the rest of the day.
- Let this healing continue to stay and do its work even after this meditation has ended.
- Say in your mind:
- I am well, I am healthy, my body is healthy,
- I am full of light and healing and power.
- All is well.
Did you enjoy A Beautiful Healing Meditation? I do hope so. I will have more meditations for you soon – pop over to Yoga Ladies on Facebook and let me know.