//Balance, Shall We Eat Salad or Cake ?

Balance, Shall We Eat Salad or Cake ?

Loved this and hope you do too: Balance, Some days we eat salad and do Yoga. Other days we cast aside out big girl pants, stay in bed and eat cake. 

 

Balance

Hopefully, more of the yoga and salad days will give us fewer of the in bed and cake days.  It’s about the practice not being perfect every time. Be kind to yourself and forgive yourself the occasional slip.  I do yoga nearly every day and am training to be a yoga teacher. Does this mean I have to be a perfect temple to health and good nutrition? Would it help if I was? Or if we had to abstain completely would the mental effort and the physical deprivation just make us miserable?

Heres my take on it.

Balance.

I do my best and eat as much fruit and vegetables and healthy stuff as I can. But I’m not perfect and don’t intend ever to be. So, Yes I indulge in the occasional piece of cake or small chocolate bar or even a bag of chips now and then. These don’t form the bulk of my diet though. Even the UK government’s healthy eating guidelines say reduce the number of sugars and fats in our diet not cut them out altogether. If we balance our diet so that it is highly in favour of the good stuff then I believe there is room for the occasional treat.

Then I suppose we have to ask, What is an occasional treat? Looking at the healthy guidelines: I would say that its 90% healthy eating leaving us a little wiggle room of about 10%. 3 meals a day, 7 days per week. That’s 21 meals so maybe 2 portions of cake, chocolate, chips or your other favourite indulgence

I would say that its 90% healthy eating leaving us a little wiggle room of about 10%. 3 meals a day, 7 days per week. That’s 21 meals so maybe 2 portions of cake, chocolate, chips or your other favourite indulgence

  • 3 meals a day, 7 days per week. That’s 21 meals so maybe 2 portions of cake, chocolate, chips or your other favourite indulgence
  • That’s 21 meals! so maybe 2 portions of cake, chocolate, chips or your other favourite indulgence
  • So maybe 2 portions of cake, chocolate, chips or your other favourite indulgence are great.

What do you think?

 

Oh, and by the way, this applies to boys too not just us girls.

 

Namaste

Annie

 


By | 2017-12-07T18:11:34+00:00 May 19th, 2017|Yoga Chat and News|0 Comments

Leave a Reply